Have you ever obsessed on something that makes no sense?That’s what the past few weeks have felt like to me. Here’s the list, in case you’re interested:
- No surprise, but as soon as I go on a diet, all I think about is food. I’ve learned that it’s possible to think about food continuously for six hours or more, all the while doing other things. Working, having conversations, going to meetings — all I could think about was how hungry I was.
- In Weight Watchers, a whole avocado is “worth” more points than an egg mcmuffin or a sausage burrito. Needless to say, I opt for the egg mcmuffin.
- Did you know you can have your monthly pimple breakout without having the corresponding menstrual period? Apparently, that’s what happens if you still have hormones. I never thought that was going to proceed. (And can I mention how fabulous it is to be a 40-something who has monthly breakouts?)
- I found out that Weight Watchers rewards you for losing weight by letting you eat less food. Apparently I’ve lost enough weight that I jumped over some line that’s changed my daily points. Lovely.
- I realized that I am more successful on a diet when I live alone.