Hurricane Katrina… its aftermath… work involved in responding to that… my back issues… baby brother going away to basic training for the National Guard… all have contributed to light blogging. Sorry. Now, onto the show…
From the Houston Public Library Web site:
Evacuees living at the George R. Brown Convention Center Shelter can visit the Houston Public Library operating at this site. Among the many services provided there are free books, storytimes, computers available with internet access and games for children.
- The Library is located on the 3rd Floor, Ballroom A.
- The hours of operation for this Library are as follows:
Monday, 10 am-8 pm
Tuesday, 10 am-8 pm
Wednesday, 10 am-8 pm
Thursday, 10 am-8 pm
Friday, 10 am-8 pm
Saturday, 10 am-8 pm
Sunday, 1 pm-8 pm
- This library is stocked with approximately 10,000 donated books for children and adults, along with toys and games.
- Ikea donated the colorful furniture at this site and Target donated some of the toys. The Library is currently offering storytime and playtime for children.
- There are 28 computers that provide internet access which allows evacuees to fill out FEMA applications and search for family members. Children have access to 12 computers that are only used for games.