I’m a big fan of pointing you to others who know when I don’t. Mike’s Points covers Corporate Blogging 101 in a way that’s good enough to share.
- Have an internal blogging policy in place
- Choose the software or blogging service
- Plan the blog’s look
- Plan the contents, at least the initial ones.
- There should be strong collaboration between the corporate executive(s) blogging and the company’s public relations personnel
- Post at least twice a week
- Post for one or two months before aggressively promoting the blog
Of course, their post covers details.