I keep thinking that our luck is going to run out. And Mother Nature seems intent on sending more near misses to prove me right.
- Rain floods Hwy. 59 lanes, Blood Center warehouse damaged, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11. “The temporary warehouse is at an off-site facility, so the blood supply was not affected due to the storm.“
- Emily Continues Track Toward Barbados, reported by Click2Houston.com
- Tropical Storm Emily gaining strength, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11
- Houston groups head out to help Hurricane Dennis victims, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11
- America’s eyes on the storm land in Houston, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11. “Evacuees fleeing from the projected path of Hurricane Dennis streamed into the Houston area.”
- Evacuees seek refuge in Lone Star State, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11. “Many of the evacuees from other states are heading to the Lone Star State where rooms are hard to find.“
- Gulf Coast avoids widespread damage from Dennis, reported by KHOU CBS Channel 11.
- Scientist’s hurricane cure: another storm — He says creating disturbance ahead of a big system can remove its energy, reported by the Houston Chronicle. “His plan, developed with Russian and German researchers, calls for creating tropical storms ahead of hurricanes threatening land. Such storms would feed off warm surface water, churn the ocean up, and rob the oncoming storm of fuel.“
- Houston Chronicle links expire after a couple of days. Articles are archived after a few days. If you want to access these articles after that, you either have to be a subscriber or go to the Houston Public Library and access the database using your Library Power Card.
- KHOU CBS Channel 11 requires a registrationn.