News to share:
- School finance measure clears House, from the Houston Chronicle. “Plan increases teacher pay, cuts local property tax.“
- HISD budget’s cuts draw criticism, from the Houston Chronicle. “Board approves plan that boosts teacher pay but axes programs.”
- HISD approves pay raise, tax increase, from KHOU. “It includes a 3-percent pay raise for teachers. It will be the seventh straight year that teachers in the district have received a raise.“
- Key Middle School principal gets job back, from KHOU. “A Houston middle school principal who was demoted after an investigation into TAKS test cheating has gotten her job back.“
- Divided HISD board reinstates principal, from the Houston Chronicle.
- HISD principal who had been demoted gets job back, from KTRK. “The board voted to reinstate Mabel Caleb, the principal at Key Middle School who Superintendent Dr. Abe Saavedra demoted earlier this year.“
- Thought your kids were online too much? Some require therapy, from KTRK.
- Teacher reunited with wallet she lost 35 years ago, from KTRK.
- Tuition goes up 12% at A&M, from the Houston Chronicle.
- Teachers become summer students, from the Houston Chronicle. “To give pupils an edge on test, educators delve deeper into the subjects they teach.“
- Houston Chronicle links expire after a couple of days. Articles are archived after a few days. If you want to access these articles after that, you either have to be a subscriber or go to the Houston Public Library and access the database using your Library Power Card.
- CBS KHOU Channel 11 requires a registration.