I’m the world’s worst financial manager. I can barely balance my checkbook. I don’t have any rainy day savings. I don’t have any investments. I don’t really believe that putting money aside for tomorrow is good for me.
For those like me, here’s 12 Reasons Budgeting Can Improve Your Life:
- A budget is a guide that tells you whether you’re going in the direction you want to be headed in financially.
- A budget lets you control your money instead of your money controlling you.
- A budget will tell you if you’re living within your means.
- A budget can help you meet your savings goals.
- Following a realistic budget frees up spare cash so you can use your money on the things that really matter to you instead of frittering it away on things you don’t even remember buying.
- A budget helps your entire family focus on common goals.
- A budget helps you prepare for emergencies or large or unanticipated expenses that might otherwise knock you for a loop financially.
- A budget can improve your marriage.
- A budget reveals areas where you’re spending too much money so you can refocus on your most important goals.
- A budget can keep you out of debt or help you get out of debt.
- A budget actually creates extra money for you to do use on things that matter to you.
- A budget helps you sleep better at night because you don’t lie awake worrying about how you’re going to make ends meet.
Found via LifeHacker.