Some stories to watch & things to do:
- Target Settles Accessibility Lawsuit for $6 Million, by SitePoint
- Need to declutter your life? Reboot Your Workflow This Fall with tips from lifehacker
- From LibrarianInBlack, “I recently published a lengthy article in the UK open access journal Ariadne“Being Wired or Being Tired: 10 Ways to Cope with Information Overload.” Enjoy! The journal also has an excellent article promoting the option of allowing employees to telecommute (e.g. “work from home” for those unfamiliar with the term).“
- A great story in the Pasadena Citizen about how Literacy Advance tutors are helping the parents of students from Gardens Elementary learn English — “Breaking down barriers with ESL“
- The Houston Chronicle2 is reporting that “San Francisco is delaying a controversial program that would provide identification cards to all residents regardless of legal status.” These IDs would be necessary for city services, including health and libraries.
2 = article may expire in a few weeks.