I’ve always been fond of this quote, though I never did find out where it started: “Life is what happens while you’re making other plans.” The older I get, the more truth I see in this. It does feel, quite a bit, like I am stuck planning things and my life is happening while I try to set things in motion.
Liz Strauss, at Successful Blog, posted The Top 10 Ways to Start Living Your Life to help you get out of planning and just do it. The shortlist:
- Give yourself permission to claim your life.
- Define what living means to you.
- Stop living in the future.
- Surround yourself with people who enjoy living.
- Lay down your pain and your anger.
- Let the losers win.
- Create energy.
- Learn the physical symptoms of when your head and heart become disconnected.
- Take small risks that push your boundaries in every way.
- Value and protect the people and the places you care about.
Go to her post for the details. To quote Liz one more time: “Life either happens to us, or we take hold of life and live it.”