…a site that explains the origin of over 2,000 phrases and sayings. They include mondegreens (misheard song lyrics), Shakespearean phrases, and more. A lot of fun, and a tool to add to your “where did this phrase come from?” answer kit.
My most recent favorite things from LifeHacker:
- Make a life poster with Automator
- Tips on beating procrastination. “Just Get Started. Look at What You Have Accomplished. Be Realistic!“
- How to be charismatic
- How to get cash for your old cell phone
- How to get rich slow
- How to protect your identity
- How to differentiate yourself at a job interview
- How to handle burnout
- 10 ways to jumpstart success
Just run your search and at the bottom of the results page there is a list of the copyright info for the various sources that Answers has shown you. Just click on the “cite” button next to the copyright info for the source you need to cite. You can choose APA, Chicago, or MLA format and get a copy-and-paste citation to put in your bibliography.
(…reprint from stories from an ordinary life…)