News & info:
- From Reuters, via Yahoo News: Lawmakers seek to crack down on illegal immigrants. “Life for the estimated 10 million illegal immigrants living in the shadows in the United States could soon get even tougher as states and the federal government pass new legislation cracking down on them.” Tougher? Tougher? It wasn’t tough enough already? The article goes on with: “In several states, legislators have proposed and in some cases passed bills barring illegal immigrants and their families from receiving health, welfare and other public benefits.” Lovely. Yet another reason to make sure you go out and vote… to make sure that the people passing these laws understand we aren’t going to stand for them.
Tools & posts:
- Found via Ezine Articles, “Photo Attorney Carolyn Wright wrote an excellent article on why you want to register your copyright BEFORE you sue someone for infringement or violating your perception of your copyrights.” Worth a read: Learning Lessons the Hard Way – Registering and Protecting Your Copyrights.
- How to Make Your Blog Accessible to Blind Readers, by Phil Bradley. Found thanks to Librarian in Black, who writes: “The article explains seven simple steps to making your blog accessible to those using screen readers or to those with low-vision. If you blog (or your library blogs) please read this article.“
- Library Stories has a link to FREELANCE RIGHTS: Introducing ‘The Crimes of Thomson/Gale/Information Access Company’ which they found via the Copyright & Intellectual Property discussion list.
- Micropersuasion directed me to these posts, by Keith Robinson: How to Be a More Productive Blogger Part I & Part II.
- I want the Scooter Desk I saw on Gizmodo. I can’t imagine I’ll ever actually use it, but I want it.