Lunch today was homemade yellow curry with cauliflower. The recipe called for potatoes, and I did include a few, but the cauliflower is my attempt to include some veggies in it.
So, what I put in it:
- one can of coconut milk
- two tablespoons of yellow curry powder
- two tablespoons of powdered ginger
- one tablespoon of cinnamon
- two tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes (which, as it turns out, was too much)
- one bag of frozen chopped cauliflower
- one small potato chopped in big chunks (pre-cooked)
- two cups of white rice (pre-cooked)
- one small box of raisins
- one cup of pineapple chunks
- sliced onions and red bell peppers to taste
First sauté the cauliflower until soft. Make it as crunchy or as soft as you want.
Add peppers and onions.
Add spices and coconut milk. Let simmer a few minutes.
After the spices and the milk have combined and soaked into the cauliflower, add in the rest.
You can opt to make this with some sort of meat, which is added at the end (pre-cooked).
Tastes best if you’ve let it sit overnight to reheat the next day.
I’m very happy with this recipe. I will definitely make it again.
***** Written on my ipad. I promise to proof and edit it later (maybe). ******