I am the worst offender when it comes to putting things off. I will start my diet next week. I’ll start exercising tomorrow. I’ll finish my project later.
Here are 8 ways to stop procrastinating, from the Procrastination Research Group:
- Make a list of everything you have to do.
- Write an intention statement.
- Set realistic goals.
- Break it down.
- Make your task meaningful.
- Promise yourself a reward.
- Eliminate tasks you never plan to do.
- Estimate the amount of time you think it will take you to complete a task, then increase that amount by 100%.
I’ll start following them next week. (Found via LifeHacker.)