As much as I like to say that blogging is easy, it’s not for everyone. There’s a commitment involved that separates successful blogs from the mediocre or commonplace. Performancing has a list of things you should know that will help you make up your mind:
- It takes time to build up traffic
- It’s a lot more work than you think
- Revenue takes time
- Don’t rehash the same old content
- Don’t think of other blogs as competition
But don’t worry, there’s still room for you if you decide to make it a go.
If you’re serious about blogging, you can do very well, but don’t jump into it blind. Do your research. Learn how to optimize your content and drive traffic to your blog. Research the different ways in which you can montetize your blog and work on building up a community. The people who take the time to do it right are the ones who do well.
- Before You Begin Blogging: A few things you should know, by Performancing