Google launched a new browser, upping the ante in the browser wars. Here’s some light reading to get a handle on what that means to the rest of us:
- Google’s Chrome Ups the Ante, by Business Week
- Google Working on Browser: What About Mozilla?, by SitePoint
- Ambitions enough for another 10 years — But Google’s plans may butt up against backlash from its growth, by Houston Chronicle2
Some other stories to watch & things to do:
- Target Settles Accessibility Lawsuit for $6 Million, by SitePoint
- Need to declutter your life? Reboot Your Workflow This Fall with tips from lifehacker
- From LibrarianInBlack, “I recently published a lengthy article in the UK open access journal Ariadne“Being Wired or Being Tired: 10 Ways to Cope with Information Overload.” Enjoy! The journal also has an excellent article promoting the option of allowing employees to telecommute (e.g. “work from home” for those unfamiliar with the term).“
- Also, did you know that U.S. Hispanics are active online social networkers? That’s what Forrester Research says, in this HispanicTrending article.
- Legacy Multimedia has a wonderful post on the importance of creating a storyboard for multimedia projects.
Some links to add to your bookmarks:
- soundunwound, from the great people who brought us imdb, it’s the ultimate online database for music knowledge
- SitePoint Blogs gives us 15 Places to Sell Your Photos
2 = article may expire in a few weeks.