I found this at SitePoint. It’s a 10-point list of things not to do if you want a successful ecommerce site. Here’s the short list.
- Use your Ecommerce Software’s Default Layout
- Don’t use Thumbnails
- Don’t optimize your Images in Photoshop
- Don’t smooth the Checkout Process
- Ignore the Market you’re “Targeting”
- Don’t add an SSL Certificate
- Completely leave out Product Descriptions
- Add Flash. Lots of it. Throw in some Java, too.
- Never post your Address or Phone Number
It’s good stuff. I recommend that you read the real thing to get the details.